Saturday, April 2, 2011

Reminder to Pray

Ok. So, I am awful at keeping up with this blog. But now that Bella has now turned a year, I feel like her new experiences are more stories than first moments. Like before a year, I could write in her book, today she smiled at me, or she laughed when I started dancing silly. But now, her "firsts" are entire stories. So... I am going to make myself writing about them, so I will be able to remember all of them down the line.

So... since January, there have been so so many little stories. She is growing up more and more everyday and I am still amazed at how fast it all has gone by. Today, I went to Meredith's baby shower. I was able to share my stories of being in labor with Bella and the first few months of being a mom. I will never forget those first moments with her. It was all so beautiful and surreal. I was amazed at how receptive she was to my voice, and how I was now a mommy! Its funny, because it is not always easy, in fact it can be really hard sometimes, but it is completely worth it. I probably told 20 stories of how the sleepless nights and the hours of feeding are all worth it. Anyways. this is just a little side note...

My favorite thing that Bella has started doing is "praying"! Every time Jonathan and I sit down for dinner, we have Bella fold her hands, we do the sign of the cross, and we say a little blessing for our food. Well, last Tuesday night, we had gone out to dinner with Jonathan's dad and brothers. We all got our food and were ready to dive in when Mr. J noticed that Bella was folding her hands and waiting. Every time since then, when we sit down for dinner, Bella waits for us to pray. It is the most precious thing. And of course, it is such a humbling and helpful reminder.

When going out to dinner, I will admit that Jonathan and I often forget to pray. As it was, we would have probably began eating Tuesday night if it wasn't for Bella. It is such a blessing to have a child, and I do pray that Jonathan and I are able to raise her to love God and to trust in Him to live a life He would see fit.

I will try and post tomorrow about her new independence! And the word "no"!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have a blog too! :) This is such a sweet post and Cori does the same thing!! She is the reminder when we are out to dinner to pray and I love that about her. Bella is lucky to have parents who are teaching her to pray at such a young age!!

    Hope we get to hang out soon! It was great seeing you on Friday!! :) Thanks for coming over!

    ReplyDelete