Monday, April 26, 2010

4 months

I can't believe that it has already been four months since we welcomed our little Isabella into our world. It has been a busy four months for the three of us.

Jonathan is finishing up his second semester of grad school, and come this Thursday he will have officially finished his first year of grad school. While it can be stressful, he is really enjoying his program and can't wait to earn his PhD later on.

Bella and I have really enjoyed being home together. It has been such a blessing being able to stay home for as long as I have. We are thinking that I should be able to stay home at least until she hits her six month mark. At that point, I am still only looking for a part time position. Right now I am looking into some teaching positions as a preschool teacher, particularly with the Head Start program.

Isabella has come so far in her first four months of life...

* She is rolling over!

* She has begun teething, which is fun to anticipate her new tooth, not so much fun watching her struggle through it.

* She found her toes and feet! This was a milestone that I was really looking forward to. I love watching babies play with their feet. :)

* She has started making more than just ooo-ing sounds. When she is upset she will make this "mmm" sound. I can't wait till she finally says mama.

* She started taking a bottle! Which means that mommy and daddy can have date nights, and I have the freedom of having a little more time if I want to go do something.

Of course, there have been many other accomplishments, and each day is another adventure for the three of us. I am going to try to be better at updating this blog, so all of you can stay up to date with us. Isabella has finally started to get on a routine, which means that around 8:30/9 she is in bed for the night, which allows me to have a lot more time at night to do things like update the blog.

We are so excited for the summer and all the new "firsts" Isabella will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment