Hi Everybody!
As most of you know, Jonathan and I were married on a wonderful spring day in March. It has been 8 months now and its hard for Jonathan and I to think that in four months we will have made it through our first year of marriage. And... in only one more month, we will be welcoming our first born into the world! Yes, that's right, on Easter Sunday, Jonathan and I found out we would be expecting.
It has been a crazy eight months. In the first month of newlywed bliss, we settled into our first apartment with the bare minimums. Quickly afterwards, we were excited and nervous to find out I was pregnant. Continuing our lives, I finished my internship with the girl scouts, graduated from college, and continued to work as a server at Carrabba's. Jonathan had been working at his dad's restaurant, Texas Roadhouse and would continue until August.
In August, Jonathan started his masters program at UF. He has decided to do his masters thesis on Sea Oats! I'm hoping that this means lots of trips to the beach! ;) He also works as a Research Assistant at the Univeristy and will be helping to restore the Cigar Orchid. So far, he is doing great and I know that he will continue to thrive. I am very proud of him and hope to be able to help him in all his future endeavors.
In the meantime, we have also managed to make our apartment feel a little more like home. We have pictures on the walls, furniture in the living room and dining room, and I have started to find some really good recipes! It has come a long way from the extra matress we had in the living room doubling as our sofa to watch TV on. haha.
Now November, I am still working at Carrabba's. After graduation, I was a little overwhelmed at what I wanted to do. Not to mention exhausted! I now realize, I probably should have pushed myself to be a little more proactive. Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to get a job when your in your third trimester. However, I am/will be looking for a part-time job. We need something that will help bring in some extra money but something that will allow me to spend time at home with our new bundle of joy.
In the meantime, we are trying to decide on a pediatrician and attend our weekly childbirth classes. This Thursday we also have an appointment with my OB. We are hoping she will give us some good news and tell us that Isabella has turned. At our last visit, the doctor thought she might be head up... Jonathan also has two tests this week. So we will be busy busy, but we're use to that!
This post was a little long... But it was just to catch everybody up. Hopefully the next couple of posts won't be so long. Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Site is looking good nat! I'm keeping an eye out for bella updates. I love you!
ReplyDeleteMae