Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ready or Not...

So, I finally made it to the end of my list of pediatricians today. There were three female doctors on my list that I got to meet and talk with. This morning I was really unsure how I was going to choose between the three because I had heard really good things about them all. I sat in the pediatrician's office for about an hour before finally meeting with my final doctor. Of course, this is a huge no no, and this normally would turn any sane woman off. However, I really enjoyed the time in the waiting room, I was able to watch so many of the children come in and interact. And thankfully, there was a mom who was seeing the same doctor I was and she told me that they weren't normally so backed up. I knew the doctor I was meeting with had just returned from India where she was doing missionary work for a little bit. When I met her, I loved her. I just got such a good vibe from her. Of course, all her beliefs and practices seemed to match up with what we were looking for as well. I was so relieved walking out of her office knowing I had finally picked the doctor that would care for my little girl.

Jonathan and I were so blessed this past weekend. Vickey and Greg, my in laws, threw us a wonderful baby shower! My mother came up a day before and took me shopping for some clothes and hung out with my brother and I. It was really nice to see her. She loves being busy, so I know she will come in handy when the baby is born. lol. We got so many great, cute, and useful things from the baby shower. Thanks to my dad and Ellen, the baby will not be sleeping in a droor, Jonathan's Aunt and cousin went in together to get the matching dresser, and my mom and Zach got us our stroller and carseat combo. :) I knew God would take care of us. :)

This Thursday is our last childbirth class. It is hard to believe that in 4 weeks, I could be having a baby! If she doesn't come sooner!!! Next week, we have a sonogram that will let us see how big she has gotten and determine her position. We are hoping that she is head down and ready to make her grand entrance. Jonathan and I are so excited about meeting her and feel so blessed to be able to enjoy such an amazing joy. I'll let you know how the sonogram goes and how much food I eat at Thanksgiving! This year, we defintely have a lot to be thankful for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment