It has now almost been an entire year. My baby girl is going to be TWO! I can hardly believe it, TWO! And man, am I an in awe of my amazing little girl. Just the other day Jonathan and I were walking to the car talking about how excited we were for football season. I turned to him, and laughed as we put Bella into the car and made a comment about how it was only two years ago, I was pregnant and excited that I was finally going into my third trimester. I don't think I will ever forget that year (9 months). Being pregnant was an amazing experience for me, and I hope the next time I get to experience it, it brings me equally as much joy. But... since I can't think about that just yet, back to Belles.
So. for a little update. At around 17 months, she decided that diapers weren't for her. It wasn't an overnight thing. But by 18 months we were wearing big girl undies! We did go through this phase where she purposely wouldn't go in the potty. And this was also the time we had given up on a treat. She lives for those treats. She will almost always go in the potty as long as she knows there is going to be some type of goody for her in the end. Lately, she loves being able to get a little piece of those publix multi colored sprinkle cookies. But, she is happy with pretty much anything, which is nice.
She has also been doing great learning on the go! She has successively learned all her colors! This was extremely exciting for me. Because for the longest time everything was green! At one point, I was a little nervous she wasn't seeing other colors. But then I was reassured by many others, that this was a normal thing. And yay! It is/was! She also cracks me up, because we are learning the red light/green light game. She loves running super fast and then FREEZING! She has also learned how to help me out in the car when driving. Mommy, Red light, Stoooop. She is finally understanding that just because she sees a red light, that it isn't necessary for me to freeze in the car, I just have to stop once I get to the light.
And, just like the color green, for the past year, her favorite number was two. She counted just like that, two, two, two, two! Of course, I loved playing this up and getting her on video asking her how many eyes she had, or how many ears she has... :) We all love to make our kids look like geniuses sometimes. haha. But as of this past week, we have branched out from just two! It was like a little switch was flipped and she realized there were other many wonderful numbers! Going down the stairs now goes something like this... one, two, four, six, nine, ten! We are still missing a few, but it is so exciting to see that she is getting a hang of it!
Another funny moment we have had lately, is that along with teaching Bella to say her name when prompted, we have also been working on her age. Bella how old are you? One. Good. Bella how old are you going to be? Earlier last week she was going on 18. Now we don't even really practice that number, so that really made my day. Later on that week, she mentioned that she was turning 6. A little bit more reasonable, but still way too old! Finally, she gets that she is turning two. But, she says it more like two, two, two! :)
Her letters are a completely different story. For the longest time, I would always draw the letters A, B, C when she was coloring somewhere on the page and point to them and tell her the letter. She never seemed to care, but I knew it wouldn't hurt anything, so when I was bored, I would write while she colored. Well, I decided to make little flashcards, super simple to take up the time one day. I held up the letters, and when I asked them what she was, she responded with the correct answer. I was bamboozled! I guess she was paying attention. Well, I was so excited that I bought these Eric Carle flashcards. I love them. They are super colorful and sturdy, and I couldn't wait to share them with Bella. Well.... she isn't loving them as much as I am. I have put them away for now, and we will try them again in a couple of days. She just has no interest in them.
Now singing them is a different story. She loves singing her ABCs, even if she only gets A, B, C... L, M, N,... Y! Then lots of clapping! :) She also loves pointing to print, and saying I, E, O! Reading is one of her favorite activities, and she definitely has her favorites. In the past couple of weeks we have even been able to break out the "real" story books. What a breath of fresh air to read an actual story. Compared to just pointing to objects, or reading Good Night Moon and Peter Rabbit...
She is in love with Mickey and Minnie. And of course their clubhouse. But she hasn't forgotten Elmo. Lately, we haven't been able to catch Elmo during Sesame Street, because he comes on at 10 and we have been out of the house. However, she still asks for that furry little guy and all of his buddies. Her new favorite characters are Ernie and Bert. And she has also started watching full length films. We started this one night when Jonathan was out of town, and we had friday night movie night. We watched Cars, and she loved naming the different colors of cars and watching their characters come alive. For a while that is all she ever asked for. She has also seen Tangled, and is now the current movie she asks for. :) I brought all this up, because there has been and was a lot of talk on kids watching TV before the age of 2. I just wanted to document what she was watching.
I do need to go... so maybe I will finish this later. Good Night!

No comments:
Post a Comment